Monday, March 20, 2017

This is a Dud!

Ok so have you ever started working on a project, and stopped and thought to yourself, "Where have I seen this before?" Any of those situations end in the place you seen it before was your OWN damn portfolio?! The level of frustration I'm feeling right now.... so unreal. Like I want to scream into a pillow or something.

So last night, I was at work. Sundays are usually our slow days so I have enough time to work on some sketches. I got the sketch done, started working on the coloring and realized I've done this drawing already. And it looked a lot better the first time. I work so much I honestly feel like I'm creatively tapped out at the moment.

I try to keep my focus on my first love at all times. Even when I'm sitting behind a desk and working for 9 hours. I don't ever want to feel like my art or even my LOVE for it has to be placed on the back burner. I guess what my question is, is how do you balance it all out. How do you balance working to support your family, squeezing in quality time with your family when you can, getting yourself taken care of and keeping your true passion prevalent in your life?! How do you balance all this out at the same time?

If you have any tips or ideas, please feel free to leave a comment below. Let's link up. Let's connect. Let's help one another build. I apologize for the short blogs lately. I truly have been trying to get back on track with things. Hopefully more time will start to allot itself and I can post more quality blogs for you. Again, post your comments below and let's get a conversation started. Until next time. Take care luvs.


<3 Karii J.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kareemah. I was thinking that if one of my childhood classmates got a little deeper with Arts & had kids of her own she'd sound just like you lol. I do understand the annoyance when it comes down to having to work just to get by, while the hours it consumes out of one's day is not light to ignore. I bet that's what generally ticks ppl to criticize about Trump to a almost scapegoat level. (lol?) But I think the things you're revealing here about yourself is more pertinent the more so it is reverberated by some other similar networks I know on the net & other collectives, especially feminist-artists, on the whole.
    I am not someone in authority but another being just like you. I mean I happen to be one of those who've seen just too enough and started to believe for one way or the other things gotta change for the better, after all. I was actually here to research your profile just for practicing professionalism but I guess what's neat about is that this kind of thing feels more personal than a straight-list resume.
    Anyhow your post was moving, I'd also recommend checking out Kady Perry, Department of Public Arts organizer's page at: https://artinpublic.carbonmade.com/. I've met her before, she should be somewhere else now but she's from Bing as well and worked with Mayumi & Peg Johnston from the group.

    A little more about myself... I'm more of those who play the wiz behind the laptop than forcing to engage oneself in public just out of complete laziness/unwillingness/helplessness; but if I could empathize with any better way I guess I am doing the best too. Just fyi.

    Otherwise have a good day & ttyl on Facebook. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Star. Just goes to show how small our area is, I got started working with Kady and Mayumi and Peg. I took over Kady's position as Creative Director of Quarter Yellow Studios back in 2013/2014. I've been a part of every local art project, I've done live paintings and multiple art shows. I just fell back once I started working. But now my focus is on getting back to how I used to be. Thanks again for the feedback

      Delete