Friday, September 20, 2013

A Night On The Town

Allow me to explode my happiness onto this blog!!!

Tonight was the second night for Binghamton's Off The Wall project and it was SO much fun. More live bands playing, even more local artists showed up to make this event stand out. We're starting a MOVEMENT here people!

I did a new live painting. As a request, I did a live painting of Tupac. I didn't sell any artwork tonight, but I did get a LOT of exposure and that is just as good in my opinion. A lot of people measure their success based on how much money they make. I base MY success on how much my artwork touches people who see it. Don't get me wrong... Money is always good for business too, but I think the personal relationships I build and the connections that people have to my artwork is worth so much more.

Tonight was a lot of fun. I met some new artists, new friends, spent more time with my little art family... which isn't quite as little anymore. It seems like we grow bigger and bigger with every event. I love that. So many different styles and creative minds... All with a common love and appreciation for the arts. It's such an honor to be a part of something so big. Networking is on a whole new level for me now. I'm meeting publicists now, fellow bloggers, artists, gallery managers, gallery OWNERS, buyers, art enthusiasts, you name it. 

I DO have to admit this... The absolute best part about tonight, was the fact that my daughter was with me. Not only there lending me support, but she also did a live painting as well. I love that she's so into art and entertainment. You have to encourage the youth and I encourage creativity and imagination on ALL levels when it comes to my kids. Let them dream, let them imagine, let them play... most of all


Keep Creating,
<3 Karii J.






No comments:

Post a Comment