Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Where Do I Even Begin?

It's been quite some time since I've blogged. So much has happened since my last post in here.

SO WHERE DO I BEGIN?!

Well, I've been VERY active in my local art community since the last time I blogged. I've done events such as JULYFEST 2013 which was nothing short of amazing. I've been donating my artwork.. Most recently decided to donate some art to my local Boys and Girls Club. I've been linking up and networking with other local artists and building up an amazing team. Most currently, I've been a part of the "Off The Wall" project... Allow me to explain...But in order of course... THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN....



JULYFEST 2013:

Okay, so JulyFest 2013 is what I feel is the event that changed everything for me. For the better. I was out in the public eye. My work was on display. I was creating artwork live and in your face, giving people the opportunity to see my creative process from beginning to end. Not only that, but I was NETWORKING. I met so many amazing local artists. I created lifelong friendships and became a part of a beautiful little artistic family. I met people who would see me on a daily basis and never knew that I possessed such a talent. My clientele took a huge spike upwards. My facebook fanpage.... growing more and more by the day. I'm so incredibly thankful for that event. It really was life changing for me. Check out some of the footage below. Oh yeah... want to see which piece I created? well here she is:


"Cecelia the Voodoo Priestess"
14 x 18" acrylic on canvas

STILL AVAILABLE
$115 w/ frame

I'd also like to share some of the video footage from the event with you all.. Check it out. 













So yeah, THAT was a lot of fun. As you can see from the turnout, I had a LOT of exposure from this event.


And now for the Off The Wall Project:

I'll just leave you with some of the excerpts from a friend and fellow artist, the beautiful Kady Perry (awesome name right?!) 

"CITY ANNOUNCES NEW OFF THE WALL CONCERT & ARTS SERIES

Free Series to Feature Local Talent at Peace Maker Stage off Wall Street

BINGHAMTON, NY—The City of Binghamton announces a new fall Friday evening event, the “Off the Wall Concert Series”, at the Peacemakers Stage on the river trail adjacent to the Court Street Bridge. “We want to encourage use of this great city amenity and showcase local and BU talent,” said Mayor Matt Ryan. Along with eight musical groups during the four weeks, local artists from Quarter Yellow Creative Cooperative and Club Bling will be originating pop-up art. Several food trucks also will be on hand to offer a variety of tasty treats."

"Picking up on the “Celebration of Creativity” along the river trail during July Fest, the city reached out to Kady Perry and the Quarter Yellow Creative Cooperative to invite their participation to provide impromptu arts activities during the concerts. Perry indicated that about half dozen artists are committed to the event. Emily Jablon, operator of Club Bling in association with Susan Jablon Mosaics will be there with her mosaic creations which are rapidly becoming a signature in the city."


So yeah... we're talking something pretty epic. Last Friday was the first event.. be sure to come out THIS Friday for the second one. We're making BIG statements here folks. Come out and show your support. Check out some of the amazing footage from last week. Video courtesy of the awesomely talented Mark Urban (another addition of the lovely little art family I've been adopted into =] )


Hope this was a nice little update for you readers. I will be blogging a lot more now. Stay tuned for the next blog, MY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT... 


Keep Creating
<3 Karii J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment