Monday, December 10, 2012

Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself...

How's it going everyone?! To those of you who have transitioned over from other pages, "Welcome Back"... New to this world of madness "JOIN US" lol. No seriously, thanks for taking the time to check out my blog.

So I want to go about this in a completely different way than I did before. I want to be able to give you all a reason to want to continue to come back and keep up with my blogs and my own personal journey. So.... I guess it would only make sense to let you know what this little slice of heaven is going to be like right?! Right!


Okay so without any further hesitation, let me tell you a little about myself. I'm a 26 year old mother of 2. I have a beautiful 6 year old daughter and a handsome little 2 year old son. My children are my world. They keep me inspired and motivated to do what I do... Now you're probably asking yourself... "What exactly...do you do...exactly o_O?"

Great question! And to that I say, I am a freelance artist. YAAAAAAAY!!!!! (WARNING: There is a lot of randmoness that will occur in these blogs so just be ready) Yes! I am a freelance artist and I work out of my in-home studio in Binghamton, NY. Might I add, if you're an art enthusiast and you haven't been to Binghamton, or even heard of it before (don't worry you're not the only ones), I would highly suggest coming to visit during a First Friday event. It's a gathering of the artists and the vibe you get is amazing.

Okay now back to me lol... I was  born and raised in Salem, NJ (probably another place that you've never heard of). I've basically been drawing since I was 4. I graduated from Milford Senior High in Milford, DE (there's another mystery place for you), and moved here to Binghamton not shortly after graduation. I am currently a student with The Art Institute of Pittsburgh pursuing my bachelor's in graphic design.

Heavily influenced by music, culture, science, history, anime, and people in general, my style is a very unique melting pot of the world around me as I see it. I'm artistically inspired by greats such as M.C. Escher, Takashi Okazaki, Justin Bua, Travis Louie, and Leilani Joy. They all have such unique and creative styles. Very well trained and masters of their craft. The thing that I believe I love the most about these artists are the fact that they are so humble and down to earth. I strive to be THAT kind of artist. Someone who is approachable and always willing to reach out to my community.

This blog is meant to be a journey of myself. Discovering who I am as an artist and my own individual style. Here I will be sharing my inspirations for pieces that I create. Everything from music, to science, color, other artists, photos, etc... All of my pieces will recorded and shared to show you my process and how I am growing in my craft. Join me on my journey and watch the magic happen... Until next time....

Keep Creating...

<3 Karii J.

2 comments:

  1. That's right... Keep creating!

    Love you sis:) Thank you for share YOU.

    You've inspired me to do something similar:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you commenting on my blog. Much love to you bro. I'm glad I could help to inspire you.


      Keep Creating <3

      Delete